Trivia Game #39Round One:1. Ethnic Foods: Hawaiian poi is made from which of these plants? Breadfruit, or taro, or sweet potato?Round Two:
2. Sports: "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." Who said that?
3. Animals: A cobia is what kind of animal? A venomous snake, or a large rodent, or a game fish?
4. The English in America: Name the founder of the English colony called Rhode Island.
5. The High School Spring Musical: What often-performed musical features the song "Seventy-Six Trombones"?
6. Smells Great! What's the first name of the woman who in the 1920's introduced Paris and the world to Chanel #5 perfume?
1. Shakespeare: What Shakespearean character was warned to "Beware the Ides of March!"
2. Say it in French: What's the French word for "butter"?
3. Say it in Spanish: What's the Spanish word for "bread"?
4. What's It Made Of? The principal substance found in your hair and fingernails is called what?
5. Nicknames: What European city is often called "The Eternal City"?
6. Common Diseases: Varicella is the disease most commonly known as what?
TWO-THIRDS TIME BONUS QUESTIONThe Civil War: Five states that allowed slavery DID NOT join the Confederate States of America. Name any four of those states.Round Three: (The first question in Round Three is usually one submitted by a guest trivia buff. It can be on any subject, easy or hard. Good Luck!)
1. Guest Question: Sylvia in Alabama asks -- Before he was an American Idol judge, Stephen Tyler was famous as a member of what group?
2. Presidents: Name the only president to serve two non-consecutive terms in office.
3. Are You Scared? Pediophobia is the fear of what? Bare feet, or children, or dolls?
4. The Godfather: Name the character in "The Godfather" played by John Cazale.
5. Food and Drink: What is the traditional libation of fans at the Kentucky Derby?
6. Famous Poems: Who wrote this famous line? "Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me."
ONE LAST QUESTION!Sugar: I'll name four songs with "sugar" in the title. You tell me the singer or group who recorded each song.Answers:
a. "Brown Sugar"
b. "Sugar Magnolia"
c. "Sugar Mountain"
d. "Sugar Pie, Honeybunch"
I-2. Muhammed Ali
I-3. a game fish
I-4. Roger Williams
I-5. The Music Man
II-1. Julius Caesar
II-2. beurre (BOOR)
II-3. pan (PAHN)
II-6. chicken pox
Kentucky, Maryland,Missouri, West Virginia, and Delaware
III-2. Grover Cleveland
III-3. fear of dolls
III-5. the mint julep
III-6. Emily Dickinson
Final Question Answers:
(a) The Rolling Stones
(b) The Grateful Dead
(c) Neil Young
(d) The Four Tops