Trivia Game #38Round One:1. Brand Names: Those fancy, expensive Asanti rims are used for what? Eyeglasses, or to mount auto tires, or to decorate granite countertops?Round Two:
2. Sports: In what city do the Dallas Cowboys actually play their home games?
3. 3-letter Animals: What kind of fish is an ahi (AH-hee)?
4. The English in America: Name the first child born to English colonists in America.
5. West Side Story: Name the oafish police sergeant in "West Side Story."
6. Airlines: Aer Lingus is an airline based in what country?
1. Better Known As: Operation Overlord in 1944 is better known as what?
2. Ye Gods! The Greeks called him Eros. What did the Romans call him?
3. Famous Palaces: What is the common name of the old imperial palace located in the middle of Beijing, China?
4. What's It Made Of? The principal substance found in crab and lobster shells is called what?
5. Diamonds are Forever: What famous diamond did jeweler Harry Winston donate to the Smithsonian Institution?
6. Husbands and Wives: What famous actor was married to the famous actress Jessica Tandy?
TWO-THIRDS TIME BONUS QUESTIONThe Civil War: Name the four states which joined the Confederacy after the shooting started at Fort Sumter.Round Three: (The first question in Round Three is usually one submitted by a guest trivia buff. It can be on any subject, easy or hard. Good Luck!)
1. Guest Question: Sylvia in Alabama wants to know the name of the Texas governor who was wounded during the JFK assassination.
2. Presidential Authors: What U.S. president once wrote a book entitled Profiles in Courage?
3. What the Dickens? Name Charles Dickens' final novel that he left unfinished..
4. Famous Documents: In what year did the Pilgrims sign the Mayflower Compact?
5. Hellfire and Brimstone: Who wrote a famous sermon entitled "Sinners in the Hands of a Mighty God"?
6. The Red Hat Club: What does it mean when a Roman Catholic bishop is given a red hat?
ONE LAST QUESTION!English Words Borrowed from Arabic: I'll give you four definitions. You give me the Arabic-based English word for each definition.Answers:
a. the highest-ranking naval officer
b. the attempt to turn lead into gold
c. the kind of math where you solve for "x"
d. a direction indicated by a compass
I-1. to mount automobile tires
I-2. Arlington, Texas
I-3. a tuna
I-4. Virginia Dare
II-1. the D-Day invasion of Europe
II-3. the Forbidden City
II-5. The Hope Diamond
II-6. Hume Cronyn
Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee
III-1. John Connolly
III-3. The Mystery of Edwin Drood
III-5. Jonathan Edwards
III-6. He has been promoted to cardinal.
Final Question Answers: