Trivia Game #25Round One:
1. Short People: Name the short Jewish tax collector in the Bible who had to climb a tree to watch Jesus pass by.Round Two:
2. Uniforms for Work: On Jackie Gleason's "The Honeymooners" what was Ralph Kramden's occupational uniform?
3. Tools of the Trade: In what major sport will you see venue workers using a Zamboni on the playing surface before the action begins?
4. Concerning Your Ears: What delicate bone in your middle ear is named by the Latin word for "hammer"?
5. Who Sang This? Who sang "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free"?
6. Presidential Inaugurations: What Chief Justice administered the oath of office to JFK?
1. Food and Drink: What kind of animal flesh is calamari?
2. Famous Women: In 1963 the first woman went into space. Name her.
3. The Korean Conflict: Who was the Roman Catholic Pope during the Korean Conflict of the early 1950's?
4. BFFs: Rhoda Morgenstern was Mary Richard's best friend on what 1970's sitcom?
5. Fifth Grade Math: What is a triangle with three equal sides called? Scalene, or isoceles, or equilateral?
6. Q-Words: What Q-word is British slang for a one-pound note?
TWO-THIRDS TIME BONUS QUESTION!
Bones: Name the four main bones in the human leg.
Round Three (Usually the first question of Round Three comes from a guest trivia buff.)1. Guest Question: Arthur C. in Tennessee wants to know the name of the student newspaper at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
2. Geology: What is the term for "an underground layer of porous rock containing large amounts of water?
3. Where the Fat Lady Sings: In what city do you find the famous opera theater named Covent Garden?
4. Shakespeare: What was Prince Hamlet's mama's first name?
5. Big Bangs: In 1883 Krakatoa blew up with tremendous loss of life. Was Krakatoa an Oklahoma ammunition depot, or a remote Pacific volcano, or the Parliament Building in Katmandu?
6. Over the Counter Medications: What cartoon character used to appear in TV ads for Alka-Seltzer?
ONE LAST QUESTION!Bones: I'll describe four characters from the TV drama Bones. You give me the first and/or last name of each character.
(a) the extremely intelligent woman who is the title character
(b) her FBI agent partner and eventual lover
(c) her best friend and co-worker
(d) the scientist who knows everything there is to know about bugs
I-2. Bus Driver
I-3. Ice Hockey
I-5. Lee Greenwood
I-6. Earl Warren
II-2. Valentina Tereshkova (a Russian)
II-3. Pius the Twelfth
II-4. "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"
III-1. The Daily Beacon
III-3. London, England
III-5. a remote Pacific volcano
III-6. Speedy Alka-Seltzer
Final Question Answers
(a) Temperance Brennan
(b) Seeley Booth
(c) Angela Montenegro
(d) Jack Hodgins