Trivia Game #19Round One:
1. Mothers and Daughters: Name the famous actress mother of Carrie Fisher, the original Star Wars Princess Leia.Round Two:
2. Real Names: What was the Big Bopper's real name?
3. Nicknames: Abraham was the real first name of what author of the original Dracula novel?
4. Board Games: Which chess piece always moves to the opposite corner of a six-square rectangle?
5. Famous Battles: Belgium, or France, or Germany? In which of these countries did World War Two's Battle of the Bulge take place?
6. The Easter Story: According to the Gospel of John, who was the first person to discover that the body of Jesus was missing from its tomb? Mary Magdalen, or Simon Peter, or the High Priest Caiphas?
1. Sports: In what sport did Arthur Ashe become famous?
2. Mascots: What British Heavy Metal band has a grotesque mascot called Eddie the Head?
3. Movie Quotes: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" is spoken by Robert Duvall in what movie?
4. Fictional Geography: Name Luke Skywalker's home planet.
5. Ffifth-Grade Science: Name the malleable metallic element whose chemical symbol is Ag.
6. Movie Locales: Where is all the action set in the classic war movie From Here To Eternity?
HALF TIME BONUS QUESTION!The Barrymores: Name the three most famous ancestors of actress Drew Barrymore.Round Three (Usually the first question of Round Three comes from a guest trivia buff.)
1. Guest Question: Mister O Senior in Alabama wants to know the name of Saturn's largest moon.
2. Computer Science: What do the letters "h-t-m-l" stand for?
3. Musicians: On which of the following instruments did musician Yo Yo Ma become famous? Cello, or guitar, or trochar?
4. Animals: A Gila (HEE-la) Monster is which of these? A snake, or a lizard, or a mythological creature?
5. Say It In Spanish: What is the Spanish word for "beans"?
6. Bible Trivia: To what country did St. Paul send his letters to the Corinthians?
ONE LAST QUESTION!Shared Names: What name is shared between the Geman composer of the 1893 opera "Hansel and Gretel' and the British pop singer of the 1960's #1 hit "Release Me"?Answers:
I-1. Debbie Reynolds
I-2. J. P. Richardson
I-3. Bram Stoker
I-4. the knight
I-6. Mary Magdalen
II-2. Iron Maiden
II-3. Apocalypse Now
HT-a. John Barrymore
HT-b. Lionel Barrymore
HT-c. Ethel Barrymore
III-3. the cello
III-4. a large unpleasant lizard
III-5. frijoles (free-HOLE-eez)
Answer: Engelbert Humperdinck (As of 2012, he's 75 and still performing all over the world.)